10 February 2018

Attack Shuttle Docking Bay



Immediately after unboxing the Ghost expansion pack I knew the docked attack shuttle needed to be rigged to be removable.

Um. Ok. That's not entirely true. At first I cut a slight grove around the shuttle and added weathering to make it look more like a docked ship rather than part of the hull. That worked, but it sparked the imagination. I soon found myself staring at an ugly, gaping hole in the aft of my Ghost.

Yikes.

Most of the floor deck is left as-is, but all three bulkheads, fore, starboard, and port, had to be scratch-built.

The platform near the fore bulkhead/airlock is mostly original, but required the removal of a structural strut and a bit of putty and sanding.

The airlock door was cast from one of the airlocks on the side of the ship to get the proper scale, though the resin medium didn't come out as clean as I would have liked. Having to do it over again, I'd recess the door somehow, and move the fore bulkhead 1-2mm forward. But then, it works fine for the intended purpose of carrying a placeholder shuttle, and removing it thematically during game play.




No comments:

Post a Comment